Pro871C Underground Cable Locator
Locating buried wires and cables has never been so easy!
The Pro871C Underground Cable Locator is a value-priced tester for contractors and maintenance personnel. Incorporating 5 different tracking modes (2 direct connect, 2 inductive, 1 passive), the Pro871C tracks many types of cabling — including CATV, electrical, telephone, dog fencing and landscape lighting, using either null or peak reception modes.
How does the Pro871C underground cable locator work?
The Pro871C transmits in 5 different selectable modes, an easy-to-follow beep signal tracked by the receiver. Any of these 5 different modes allows users to locate the path of underground, hidden cables. Simply connect the transmitter to the wire to be located or use either of 2 inductive modes, and turn it on. Then, follow the beeps with the receiver using the visual meter, the external speaker or with the included headset.
An Unbelievable Value..
The Pro871C offers features not previously available at a budget-conscious price point. This cable locator includes high and low direct connect frequency capability, a built in inductive antenna, a passive 50/60Hz detection mode, as well as null or peak tracking options. In addition, the IC2 inductive clamp (included with the Pro871C version) allows non-metallic inductive connection to wires and cables, inducing signal onto the conductor and providing a tracing signal.
With our Pro871C Underground Cable Locator, you’ll get:
- Dual Direct Connect Frequency Transmitter (2Khz and 33Khz)
- Two Additional Inductive Modes: Inductive Antenna or Inductive Clamp
- Passive 50/60Hz Tracing Mode
- Audible (speaker or headset, both with volume control) or visual reception methods
- Low Battery Lights on Wand and Transmitter
- Null or Peak Reception Modes
- Inductive clamp option (standard on the Pro871C)
- An extremely light receiver wand (just 3 lbs.)
- Transmitter battery — (8) common D cell, up to 50 hours of useful life
- Receiver battery — (1) common 9V square, up to 15 hours of useful life
- Reception depth — Up to 8 feet deep
- Reception length — Up to 4000 feet in length
- Transmitter frequency — 2Khz and 33Khz Direct, 175Khz Inductive
- Passive Mode - 50/60Hz
- Transmitter power — 200mW into 1K Ohm
- Voltage protection —110VAC/200VDC
- Warranty — 12 months from the date of purchase