Pro871 Dual Frequency Cable Locator
Locating buried wires and cables has never been so easy!
The Pro871 Underground Cable Locator is a value-priced tester for contractors and maintenance personnel. Incorporating a dual frequency transmitter and sensitive receiver, the Pro871 tracks many types of cabling — including CATV, electrical, telephone and lighting, using either null or peak reception modes.
How does the Pro871 underground cable locator work?
The Pro871 transmits an easy-to-follow beep signal tracked by the receiver. Simply connect the transmitter to ground and to the wire to be located, and turn it on. Then, follow the beeps with the receiver using the visual meter, the external speaker or with the included headset.
Precision location tools. Priced for ownership.
The Pro871 offers features not previously available at a budget-conscious price point. This wire locator includes high- and low-frequency capabilities, as well as null or peak tracking mode options. In addition, the IC2 inductive clamp (included with the Pro871C version) allows non-metallic inductive connection to wires and cables, inducing signal onto the conductor and providing a tracing signal.
With our Pro871 model, you’ll get:
- Dual frequency transmitter (2Khz and 33Khz)
- Audible (speaker or headset, both with volume control) or visual reception methods
- Low battery indicator light
- Null or peak reception modes
- Inductive clamp option (standard on the Pro871C)
- An extremely light receiver wand (just 3 lbs.)
- Transmitter battery — (8) common D cell, up to 50 hours of useful life
- Receiver battery — (1) common 9V square, up to 15 hours of useful life
- Reception depth — Up to 8 feet deep
- Reception length — Up to 4000 feet in length
- Transmitter frequency — 2Khz and 33Khz
- Transmitter power — 200mW into 1K Ohm
- Voltage protection —110VAC/200VDC
- Warranty — 12 months from the date of purchase